Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ainsley and Captain Moroni

So here is the story some of you have heard about Ainsley and Captain Moroni. As many of you know my nephew Spencer went on his mission to Denver, Colorado (Spanish Speaking). We were able to listen in on the conversation Spencer was having with his parents and grandparents as he was leaving the MTC and was waiting to board his plane at the SLC airport. When it came time for my Dad to wish Spencer "Elder Shaw" well, Dad simply reminded Spencer of the story about Captain Moroni and told him to share his "Title of Liberty" with all of those good people in the State of Colorado waiting to hear about the gospel. That night for Family Home Evening I decided to share with the girls what their grandfather had told Spencer and also tell them about the story of Captain Moroni. During the story I showed the girls the gospel art picture of Captain Moroni and about how he took of his coat and made a banner which became "his Title of Liberty." As I was sharing the story Ashlynn was listening and "soaking it in." She thought it was so neat how her grandfather had compared Captain Moroni to their cousin as he was getting ready to share the gospel with the good people of Colordo. I looked on the other side of where I was sitting and Ainsley was not interested in the story at all, just looking through one of her books (or at least, so I thought). That night Ashlynn asked if she could call her grandfather and share with him what she had learned and talk with him about the two comparisions. Ainsley also asked if she could talk with him after Ashlynn. Ainsley got on the phone and said (and just like this . . .) "Grampy (that is what my children call their grandfather) Spencer is going to tear off his coat and make a banner just like Captain Moroni and teach the people in Colorado. It is his title of liberty." I was stunned. I just knew that she was not listening to one word I was saying. It just goes to show you that they do listen . . . even when you don't think they are.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!
    I felt the spirit just from reading your story.
    :)

    ReplyDelete