Thursday, September 10, 2009

No Wiggling on My Mat and Pinky Promises

Ainsley's first week of preschool was exciting and a learning experience. The children receive frog's to chart their behavior. The goal is to keep your frog on green. That means you have been well behaved all day. For the first couple of days when I went to pick Ainsley up her frog was on yellow. That is the first color you receive after green. Her teacher told us not to worry about the colors the first week and that it would be a transition for everyone. Well, I asked Ainsley why her frog was on yellow or as she says it "lellow." She told me because she "wiggled" on her resting mat. She decided instead of resting like all of the other children she would make this a social time. Every day we talked about how we needed to be still and rest like the other children during rest time. She didn't have to go to sleep just rest. At the end of the week if they have been on green they get to go to the treasure box. On Thursday (the end of their week) I went to pick Ainsley up and I didn't even recognize her. She had pulled out her ponytails and had the ribbons in her hands. Her teacher looked at me and said that she was upset because she didn't get to go to the treasure box. I took Ainsley's hand and we left her room. I asked her questions about her day but she said she didn't want to talk right then. During the long weekend we talked about why she needed to listen to her teacher and we made a "pinky promise" that she would stay on her mat. On Tuesday morning we again made that "pinky promise" just to remind her. Well, SHE DID IT!!! She was so proud of herself. I am sure we will see another "lellow frog" again but for right now I am grateful for "pinky promises."

3 comments:

  1. Aww! So precious.

    Where does Ainsley go to preschool? Logan didn't get in at Lake Murray. boo!

    Hope all is well! Enjoy the weekend..

    ~April

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea to use the pinky promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! I love moments like this, these cute little conversations! Hope all is well- we're coming home for Christmas, so leave a little time to see us if you can:) love ya!

    ReplyDelete